Sunday, February 20, 2011

our busy bee...

Luke continues to be a busy bee...that little guy doesn't miss a beat!  He has totally mastered crawling...he has quite the skills ;)  Now he is into trying to pull himself up on anything he can!  I am officially a jungle gym!  If I am sitting there, then Luke is crawling/climbing/jumping all over me!  He is so proud when he stands up on his own...it is an automatic smile :) 

We have been waiting on the day that we go in to get Luke from his crib and he would be standing there waiting for us.  ITS HERE!!!!  The other night at about 3:45am I heard Luke having a little party in his room (which is unlike him in the middle of the night)  My plan was to just sneak in there and see if I could smell anything and change his diaper if need be, WRONG...there was no sneaking...Luke was standing up holding on to the crib rail lookin' right at me as proud as he could be!  What a little stinker he is...of course I had to run right in and wake adam up to come check out what Luke had now accomplished!!!  So after a quick hello and diaper change it took him about an hour to fall back asleep. (with a few visits from me removing him from his standing position and laying him back on his back and reminding him it was ni-ni time ;)
not a great pic...the room was pitch black when I took this...just wanted a pic of the big boy standing up...obviously Luke was not ready for the flash :)

In other news...I had a "mom of the year" moment on this past friday...I put Luke down on his puzzle mat with his toys and made a quick trip to his room with some laundry (I can see him from his bedroom, I wasn't leaving him unsupervised ;)  I saw him out there playing by his car track and didn't think a thing of it...a matter of literally 2 minutes went by and I go out to find Luke playing in dog poop!!! yes dog poop!  Apparently Baylee decided to take a poop behind Luke's race track that I hadn't seen!  Well Luke didn't have any trouble finding it!!!  I thought I was going to throw up!  Luke definitely got a good bath immediately following this event!  (and once adam got home I totally disinfected/sanitized the whole mat)  It was absolutely disgusting and I am so embarresed to even share this story, but it happened and it is pretty amusing! (super gross, but kinda funny ;) Boys will be boys i guess...and unfortunetly I am sure there will be many other stories like this to come!


 a few new pics of Lukey playing with his new bus from gammy and grandpa...

















No comments:

Post a Comment