Wednesday, June 1, 2011

trip to Outer Banks, NC

We headed to the Outer Banks (NC) last week!  It was a total blast!  The only thing that could have made it better was Adam being able to go!  Unfortunately, all the snow days that he had made it pretty much impossible for him to come along :( 

I was a little nervous for the long drive with Luke, but again, Luke never fails to amaze me...he did great!  I am sure a lot had to do with the fact we left at his bedtime and he slept the majority of the way!  I am super thankful that my dad would rather drive at night and wanted to do what would work best for Lukey! 

I absolutely loved Outer Banks!  I definitely want to go back!  It was such a fun trip with my parents, sis, aunts, uncle, grandma and cousins! (there were 15 adults, 7 dogs, and Luke all together ;)  We rented a 9 bedroom house and it worked out great!  Luke was of course one of the main attractions being the only baby :)  So even though I didn't have my hubby I definitely had a lot of help!  I truely think Luke had an absolute blast with everyone too!  He loved the pool and ocean in Florida 6 weeks ago and continued to like it there too!  I know that kiddos change overnight so I was wondering how he would be.  It was especially fun that he could now walk on the beach...which he thought was super fun! (and pick up shells)  He just poddled around jabbering away!  He was my little beach bum...loved being at the pool and beach!  (a boy after my own heart ;)  


 this was our house

 my aunts, mom, grandma and cousin...these floats were great!

our tiki bar :)

 my hip grandma :)

 floatin' with mommy :)

 tiki girls :)

hangin out :)

 I got Luke his own baby pool...he really wasn't in it at all...he had bigger fish to fry ;) but he liked the hose that filled it up!

 watering...



 I think I need to cool off ;)

 happy boy :)

 floatin with my water bottle

 cool dude ;)

 walk walk walk...non-stop!

 figured out he loved getting into coolers...

 just can't get enough of my boy!

 we rented a jogging stroller for the beach...grandpa loved to take Luke walks through the ocean...Luke loved it too!

 we passed this lobster on our walk...I thought it was cool...haha

 my buddy!


lovin' auntie linds

lovin' gammy and grandpa

 so serious

 stoppin for a pic :)

peace out sista ;)

 still lovin' the coolers... :)

naked boy...it was easiest to let him dry out before naps :)

It was a super fun trip and I hope we get to do it again...(with adam and baylee too ;)  I am so thankful for the memories we created and for such an awesome family!  I am so blessed!




Luke is 11 months old today!!! can't believe it! post to follow soon!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip! You've got me excited for our beach trip next week!!! We're going to Destin with Andy's family, and it'll be Tucker's first trip to the beach!

    I wish you were going to be at the play date next week :/ Maybe you'll come down with something that morning and have to miss work ;)

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete