Wednesday, September 8, 2010

my first blog...

I have been wanting to start a blog since Luke was born, but just hadn't gotten around to it!  So we will start today!  ;) Here are some of my fav pics of the Lukester...crazy how much he has changed already!


July 1st...minutes old :)
                                 
July 2nd...in the hospital
                                   
                                  
July 3rd...doesn't get much better than this


in his tiger gear...1 week old

first bath after cord fell off...(with gammy :)
                               
camo man :)
posing...

4 weeks old today


1 month old

1st time in his own tub :)
                                                                


holding my piggy all by myself (on my dad's b-day)

soon to be BFF :)...both my babes

my first colts tee

tummy time...



in my crib...lets go HOOSIERS!
                        
2 months old today...having fun in my bumbo
ready for my lunch date with nicole, jessie, and my girlfriend Katelyn ;)

Hi mom!

Lets go IRISH!




2 MONTH APPT...

Luke had his 2 month check-up yesterday! I can't believe he is already 2 months old...time flies! He did very well...he weighed 13 lbs 14 oz and was 24 inches long. He is in the 90th percentile for weight and between the 75th-90th for height. He also had his shots! They weren't as bad as expected...he was broken hearted for just a few short minutes...he is such a tough guy ;)


We also talked about sleep habits. Our little Luke man does not like to fall asleep...he fights it like none other! So the doctor gave us the green light to let him cry himself to sleep. He seems so little to start that already, but if he says it is time then we will try it out! I want to have a good little sleeper! Adam had a game so Lindsey came over for moral support :) (thank goodness b/c I needed it) We gave him a bath (which he absolutely loves), fed him, and read two books. Then it was time to lay him down for the night~! We had a short snuggle time and then I put him down. He just fussed for the first few minutes, but that was the calm before the storm. After about 10 minutes I went in and gave him his paci and rubbed his head. Within minutes he was screaming again...we gave it a little longer until I went in again. It just took about 25 minutes and a few visits from his mommy and he ended up sleeping from 9pm until 5:20 this morning. It is very exciting, but we all know that every night never works out the same...tonight will be the start of another adventure :)


fun times in the tub...
                                                 

2 comments:

  1. Karly, I love your blog! The design is so cute, and it was great to catch up with you guys through pictures! I can't believe how big he is getting, and how big and full he looks!!! His hair is awesome!!! I'm glad to hear that he is doing well with his sleeping! We were just able to go 5 hours in a row, and I feel like a new woman!!! lol, however, I agree that every night is different, so good luck! :D

    I think Luke and Tucker will be great friends! Can't wait for them to meet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Kar!! love the blog! i'll be checking (like I check Kelly's) all the time :) I don't think i've seen that one of Luke "posing" - it's adorable!! I agree, Luke and Tucker definitely need to start hanging out. good luck with the 'crying it out' thing - I bet it's very hard and I bet I'll need some advice and encouragement from you sometime in the next few months. thanks for sharing the blog & i love all the pictures. xo!

    ReplyDelete