Thursday, September 9, 2010

my little sleeper :)...

We had a great night last night!!!  Lukey slept from 8:26pm (to be exact...lol) until 6:45 this morning!  He was so tired having his last bottle that I had to keep waking him up to finish, which never happens because he LOVES to eat!!!  He went right down without a peep :)  I was so pumped!! Unfortunetly he did wake up at 2am...it is awful to hear that little cutie cry...the whole time I am listening to him I can picture the faces that go with each cry :(  His new thing is to stick out his bottom lip!  He ended up crying for 40 minutes with one visit from his mommy before he fell back to sleep.  I seriously just laid in bed trying to stay tough...I hated it and I was on my own...Adam isn't phased by anything!! He just kept on sawing logs...lol.  I wish I was that sound of a sleeper!  Even when Luke does sleep for long spouts I end up waking up wondering if he is okay because I haven't heard anything for awhile!

I really do think that Luke getting a good night sleep has made for a much happier baby!  He just seems more calm the last 2 days.  He is mr. smile man through the day! I LOVE IT!  He is also starting to discover his voice a little more...besides the goo's, gee's, ooohs and ahhhs he is starting to do happy squeals!  It is so much fun!  We were only used to unhappy squealing so this is great!

Tonight didn't go quite as well as last night...Luke just hates to admit he is tired...lol.  I think he just got a little overly tired...he cried for about 20 minutes before he fell asleep.  (which is better than the first night, but seems like forever at the time) It will be interesting to see if he wakes up in the middle of the night!  It is definitely not easy to put Luke (or me...haha) through this, but it will be so worth it!  From what I hear it takes 3 days to a week for them to realize they need to just put themself to sleep, so we'll see...3 days down!


On another note, Luke is 10 weeks old today!!!  Man does time fly?  Which also means that it is about time for me to go back to work :(  I love my job, but I LOVE being home with Luke!  I absolutely love being a mommy...it is just awesome!  I am so thankful that I finally get to experience motherhood :)  It was well worth the wait!

being a big boy in my football chair
where's Luke?
smiles :) seriously how cute is he?
Lean on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment